What is the Mental Health and Addiction Network?
We are a small organization focused on improving the fundraising capacity of charities addressing mental health, addiction and intellectual disabilities.
Our programs help selected organizations, their board and staff find the funds they need.
Our non-profit partners are engaged in:
- Advocacy (national policy, insurance coverage, medication costs)
- Behavioral health programs
- Clinical treatment and rehabilitation
- Fund raising
- Legal rights, protections, housing and jobs for people with mental illnesses and their families
- Patient choice and privacy concerns
- Professional development for those serving the mental health field
- Program development, implementation, evaluation and replication
- Provider continuing education
- Raising public awareness (educational efforts including addressing the issue of stigma)
- Referral network development and support
- Research (genetic, biomedical and neurological aspects of mental illness)
- Rights and legal representation
- Shared research findings among those in the scientific community (best practices and policies)